Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

To Eat or Not? That 'just arrived' box of Kaju Barfis

"To Eat or not to Eat", here lies my classic dilemma.

Particularly if you consider a box of sweets now lying in our refrigerator.

Avi was in Delhi for a few days and my parents sent back what they knew was one of my favourite treats, the delightful  'Kaju Barfi'

The only problem lay in the fact that a few weeks back  I had gone on a 'self inflicted diet' of sorts and had been very pleased with the results till date.

But now consider this scenario, "Such sweets need to be eaten only when they are fresh", says one part of my mind. 

The other one says, "Hmm, so what will happen to what you are trying to achieve?"

"Its OK, I can manage both."

"No you can't! Eat the first one and that will be your nemesis. Since you wont be able to stop thereafter."

And so on and so forth.



I let that internal debate subside and I'd like to think that sheer practicality asserted itself. I convinced myself that those sweets would really go bad if left uneaten.


And so I had it...that first one.

Then the second ...


And the third...

Yet, I'd like to think I've done fairly well. Because 4 days later, this is what the box still looks like. (Mind you, I'm the only one at home eating them)


Enticing- that box of Kaju Barfi

And weight-wise, still doing well enough.
Who says that one can't have the best of both worlds?

4 comments:

  1. Salute to your self control, and wish I could have a sip of your potion of courage since the same things happen to me. I like Jim Jams and milk bikis biscuits a lot, but I always tell to myself I will eat moderately.


    I also try to keep diet in check you know and these biscuit guys, therefore are my enemies.
    Every night I wake up, being the insomniac that I am and I literally think that I am going to a war.

    Those nasty biscuits are arranged in a uniform file (you know private ryan style at the day D day landing at normandy on their vessels) waiting for their enemy and I can imagine what they must be going through.

    Soldier 1: "Attenhut Soldiers, the enemy is coming, we are expecting casuality of 3 to 4 biscuits, but soldiers we shall triump"
    Soldier 2: "I dont want this, I have heard he eats them by packets"
    Soldier 3: "Get grip on your self man, Fight with Valor"

    Sad to say, I will remember those brave soldiers gulped by the dozens as my now full belly lays to rest. Once again hunger triumphs over diet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a very interesting comment Sneh- almost a follow up post.

      Weight watching-is a tough battle- some days one wins and on others...

      Well;)

      Delete
  2. Hi... I love kaju barfi... Any idea from where can I get some good one here in muscat.thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naureen, To be absolutely honest, we only get our sweets from Delhi. However, you might wish to try Bombay Sweets- I believe they have a good stock...

    ReplyDelete