Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Learning more about French Pastry and Bread-My visit to Caramel French Bakery and Pastry, Muscat

What does it really take to perfect a flawless chocolate éclair? A delicious baguette?To pipe dozens of macarons? To bake an amazing 'melt in the mouth' Opera cake? Questions like this have come to my mind frequently, and in order to find answers to all these and many more, I spent a delightful morning at the Caramel French Bakery in Muscat yesterday.

The first thing that hit me as I entered the bakery in Al Ghubra, was the delicious aroma that floated all around. It was a combination of bread, pastry, chocolate and cheese all rolled into one. Must confess, if I hadn't eaten breakfast before setting off, it would probably have had me salivating! 

Caramel Bakery-Packed with the best quality eclairs, pastries, cronuts, tarts, breads and so much more
I was greeted by the very polite French manager Mr. Pacombe who gave me a short brief about the place and introduced me to Eloise Traboulsi, the owner of Caramel. Caramel opened its first boutique and kiosk in Muscat in January 2010.  The initiative of Eloise Traboulsi, a French citizen living in the Gulf for the past 7 years, was the driving force and today Caramel combines her passion for pastry and bakery into a very successful business model for aspiring youngsters.

I was informed that in order to make such exquisite creations possible and produce the very best of traditional French bakery and pastry products, Eloise has introduced top of the range equipment and the finest ingredients coupled with the long experience of Caramel’s professional team.One look as I entered the Bakery and Pastry sections and I knew that it was truly a labour of love combined with the highest standards of professionalism reflected in the cutting edge technology of the machines and equipment being used by them. 



Eloise Traboulsi -the founder 


With their  motto,' Your satisfaction is our challenge' Caramel takes pride in sharing the fact that they cater to many Corporate and Private companies around.They have a standard menu for customers ready reference or their product range can be catered based on personal preferences as well.

Tempting treats and breads 


It was only 10 am and the shop was already packed with goodies.
In addition to  breads, and regular pastries I found cronuts, a new addition.
The Cronut is a unique creation by Chef Dominique Ansel that many have 
described to be a croissant -doughnut hybrid.After its launch in May 2013, 
cronut pastry fans were created all over the world, making it the 
most virally talked about dessert item in history.
A wide range of cronuts

I was introduced to the team working at the bakery and just ten minutes 
later, I understood exactly why Caramel is such a success.
Simply put, they have the most dedicated team of professionals
and the bakery works 24 hours a day. Add to it
smiling faces and effortless ease at their job and
there you have it!

  

Breads which taste even better than they look-The Bakery works 24 hours a day


Spinach Quiches just before baking




Pastry Chef Sebastian Gomes working on a Birthday Cake 



 
 All Smiles- while Chef Makram works on the day's plan 

Thank You Mr Pacombe- I really enjoyed the visit!


You really could be in Paris



I really could have spent a lot of time there 
but since I had other things planned, I had to leave.
I was really and truly happy, having learnt a great deal 
as well  tasting some French delights.
  
And if any of you are wondering how you can 
make your way to Caramel 
I've added the location map just below for your convenience. 

Would love to know what you thought...

The Location Map- Caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment