Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas comes to Paul Bakery, Muscat

The taste of Christmas 


Back home after almost a month, it was high time to take stock of how things are shaping up for Christmas in Muscat and a place that readily came to mind was Paul Bakery.For those of you who have followed my blog, you might have read my earlier posts on Paul Bakery  at the MGM Mall in Muscat, you already know that I absolutely love it, Chef Mohammed Kessrwani showed me how to make a great french milefoit and they bake glorious bread! 


It has also truly become the benchmark for what good food, service and a sense of 'joie de vivre' is really all about. From seating customers to bringing out the delightful and complimentary bread baskets along with the little bowls of unsalted butter and olive paste to taking the order and detailing what each dish is, the staff really do know how to meet and sometimes even exceed customer expectations!



My mid morning delight- A Paul Cappuccino
Meeting Andre, the friendly and efficient restaurant manager this morning  over coffee was  very interesting as he told  me about their  very special Christmas range.The bakery  is ready to hit the Festive Season with Raspberry and Pistachio Yule logs, Igloo cake (chocolate duo) or chocolate truffles, among many others. 



The Buche- incomparable!
Pictured above is the chocolate buche, a conoisseurs delight. According to Paul, the traditional shape and rich chocolate flavor make this bĂ»che an ideal treat for any chocoholic. Even better, if it’s Christmas, how can there not be a touch of something snowy? Which is what is provided by the 'Igloo' a combination of dark and white chocolate mousse and delicious hazelnut croquant.


And this is what I came home with...


 Despite all that I looked at, I finally decided to go for my old  favourite at Paul, the assortment of macarons. You see, I actually have plans to make my very own Christmas cake and an assortment of other Christmas treats this year, so  do watch this space for more.





No comments:

Post a Comment