Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2016

My experience with MasterChef India Season 5 and on making it to the Mystery Box Challenge,

Like many of you I started watching MasterChef Australia from its very first season and was hooked! I learnt a lot by watching, then tried some of those dishes and writing about food and travel was a natural movement forward. In fact, this very blog, Food For Thought was the outcome of my culinary, travel and art journey and for those of you who read my posts regularly, you should easily be able to see that influence. On 18th June, 2016 I auditioned for the first round of ‪#‎MasterChefIndia‬ in New Delhi with a Classic French Chocolate Tart with raspberries,accompanied by a Creme Anglaise sauce and was selected for Round 2 as one of the contestants from the North Zone
My Classic French Chocolate Tart with raspberries,accompanied by a Creme Anglaise sauce
Thats me- No 426 from New Delhi
The Venue- A School in Dwarka
Got that very exciting letter - And I was in Round 2 20th June - Cooked in Round 2- the Mystery Box Challenge at the IHA and enjoyed the entire experience.. Results still awaited and the lucky few selected after Round 2 go straight into the final 25-but whatever the outcome, it was a completely different kind of challenge.. A huge thank you to my daughter, Neha Singh. A qualified Pastry Chef from Le Cordon Bleu Paris and currently in the process of setting up her own business, Neha pushed and inspired me like no one has, in a long, long time!

4 comments:

  1. omg just so so so awesome Sunaina, all the very best and may you get selected :) Then I can boast of being friends with a celebrity, well even now I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shweta! Totally appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful !!! Many congratulations.

    ReplyDelete